A circle has too much symmetry

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Balance and Counter-Balance

I have noticed that I am getting a lot of random hits and I think it is only fair to give the new readers some background about my blog without them having to read the entire thing. This blog is mostly about my work and the living hell that is associated with working here. I do love the work, but the people I work with are less than desirable. I am trying something new with my post today, I am linking to previous posts for further explanation of comments I write

I am sitting in my office today that has been totally rearranged (see furniture). I can now see the hall from my computer desk where before I had my back to the hall. Initially, I positioned my back to the hall for two different reasons; the first one is that I wanted my computer screen facing the hall so I would not be tempted to surf the net the entire work day and second when I am working I did not want to be distracted by people walking in the hall. I am finding that the people walking in the hall are very distracting especially today when the hall is not filled with only freaks and geeks (see wild animals). There is a vender expo at work today and salespeople look so different from my co-workers. It is so different here today that there are actually other women wondering the halls and not just me (see not everything smells like roses).

I have often heard women complain about working in environments that are a majority of the workers are women. I wonder how this is a bad thing. I know (from experience) that working in an all male environment is rough, well maybe if it was in an environment full of Brad Pitt, Johnny Deep and Orlando Bloom, then I would NOT be complaining. In spite of the ideal fantasy work place I think I would rather work with women all day instead of the freaks and geeks that I do work with. The men I work with have a very hard time interacting, communicating and working with everyone around them. Now I am beginning to wonder if it is all men, or is it just that I work in an all male environment. What if my co-workers a were not freaks, perhaps there is just not enough women around to counterbalance the intrinsic weirdness of men?

3 Comments:

  • I can't help myself, the whole blog is turning into a male bashing session.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 2:30 PM  

  • Hey weren't you the one that said, he hates to hang out with scientists?

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 2:32 PM  

  • I agree with you about working with women. Women have the reputation of being gossipers and trouble makers but the guys I work with are ten times worse!

    By Blogger Christine, at 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home