A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

House Guests and Furniture

One of the great things about living in Washington DC is every one comes here. However one of the really bad things about Washington DC is everyone comes here during the summer. We are now officially one month into the summer and I have not had my condo to myself for more than a single night in over a month. My current guests leave tomorrow just in time for another set to show up, and my schedule stays just a busy the rest of the summer. I have not had cold cereal or frozen pizza for dinner in a month either. I have spent more time fighting the massive tourist crowds of Washington DC than I would like too. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE house guests, but I am ready for some alone time. I have not been to the gym in two weeks, and I am not going to get any soon. Sigh….

I have not had time to blog, not that this is the most productive way to spend one’s time. In spite of this today I have as much time as I want to blog at work. Why? You might ask…

In the hell hole that I work in, I have maneuvered the system and have received new/used furniture. Then again, my maneuverings were not that simple. The riggers (men who move things) arrived on Wednesday to move my old furniture out of my office, yet I had not received word on when the new furniture would arrive so I sent the riggers away. Thursday the furniture arrived but since my old furniture was still in my office the carpenters left my new furniture in hall. This morning the riggers showed up again and moved my desk, book case and file cabinets out of my office. Now I am without office furniture with the exception of a computer table and thus I can blog all day!! Or at least until the carpenters show up and assemble my state of the art, Lego set furniture. I know it is pretty pathetic, but it is better than the circa 1950s desk I had. Also if last week was any indication of how long I will be without furniture, I should be able to blog for two days!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home