A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

What one misses the other has, but misses something else.

My friend Marge and I have been discussing how unhappy we are lately. During this dialog she sent me the following email

“RE: our ongoing dialog about how life sucks....
so are you not liking the life of the brilliant scientist on the cutting edge of technology? What kind of life would make you happy? (we're talking fantasy world life)
And what kind of life do you think would make ME happy?”

Of course this question got me to seriously thinking about what fantasy life I would wish for Marge. There are the obvious choices, she has had a hard life, for examples; a death of child and major life changing accidents of immediate family members, but realistically given the life she has now what fantasy life would I wish for her starting with the initial conditions I have been given. I have contemplated it a lot over the last two days and I don’t have much. My inability to pick the perfect life for my best friend makes it a little more transparent why I can’t pick the perfect life for myself.

In spite of this, since Marge has given me so much in friendship over the last decade, I am going to put some serious thought into what kind of life would make her happy, and perhaps she will use some of the things I come up with. And just perhaps I will come up with something that I can use too.

4 Comments:

  • Why do I have the impression that I read this title somewhere...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:25 PM  

  • I was going to dedicate it to you, but I thought that was too pathetic (on my part).

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 4:29 PM  

  • It's ok. I know that if you used it, it's because you liked it :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:43 PM  

  • Exactly!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home