A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, August 19, 2005

Thinking too hard

While I was reading one of my favorite bloggers recently I was amused to learn how many times a day she claimed to think about sex. Initially, I thought; “Yeah right, she is just being entertaining. Women do not think about sex all that often.” However it occurred to me that I think about sex that often in a work day. So being the queen of the geeks I started analyzing my sexually thoughts.

How often do I think about sex?

What time of day are most of my sexual thoughts?

I noticed that most of my s. thoughts were a result of a visual trigger. In fact, the ones that occur at work are almost always triggered by the 2% of the men around here that are hot. Shocking I know, but in my building of 250 people there are 5 hot men. These men are “thought worthy”. Fortunately for me I get to see at least one of them a day, and sometimes even more often. Hold on, I need to take a few calming breaths. Okay back to being a geek. Let’s assume I am an average female, and that the frequency and stimuli of my s. thoughts are normal. Now let’s also assume that a man thinks about sex A LOT more than a woman does. I am not going to put an upper bound on how much more frequent but a lower bound of at least double. Assuming that these thoughts are result of visual stimuli, the real question is who are the men looking at? This is strictly a numbers game, if only 2% of women are “thought worthy” and the work force here is comprised of 95% men, then the available stimuli is only .1%. (Did I do the math right? Math is hard.) Does that mean in my building there is at most one woman that is thought worthy? So perhaps if I was to stake out Pixie’s office or Ms. Chung’s I would notice all 250 men in the building eventually walk by. Perhaps men do not seek out visual stimuli. Or just perhaps I am thinking about this way too hard.

5 Comments:

  • Seeking out visual stimuli by walking by offices of women who could potentially reject you? How outdated! Safe and easy access to visual stimuli is what the internet was invented for. (Mainly.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:37 PM  

  • Anonymous- I hope they are not looking at those sites at work!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:13 AM  

  • Hey Spin Doc! I think I actually was exaggerating how much I think about it, for the sake of being funny. But interestingly, thinking about sex doesn't seem to be triggered by visual stimuli in my case ... I think it's kind of an ADHD thing, where if I try to concentrate on work, my mind rebels and tries to distract itself with other things, and the easiest distraction is always to think about sex ...

    It leads to the odd result that whenever I try to read boring government documents I end up all hot & bothered!

    By Blogger dksjdlkjfsaa, at 3:35 PM  

  • i completely identify with DHD. i have often wondered why i get so aroused when reading monotonous government contracts...and now i know its not just me!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:55 PM  

  • DHD- That is not fair! You tricked me into admitting I think about sex at work.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home