A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

He Stole My Phone!


Last month I went to see Ellen in the sunny southwest and I had a great time too! In fact I had such a good time that I kind of over did it. I do not accept all the blame for my indulgence. It started about noon when Ellen and I went to the local sport’s bar to watch the World Cup. Granted it was only noon, but hey we were watching sports at a bar and I had to have a drink or two, or perhaps a few more.

After the game, came dinner with wine and then we went to another bar. At the bar I did every slightly tipsy woman does; I started sharing all my deepest and darkest secrets with Ellen. Fortunately for me she already knew them all so I did not shock her. Of course I was all mushy, telling her (and I still mean it) that I am so thankful that I found her and that she is in my life. There is only so much sappy drunkenness one can take and I decided around midnight, yes 12 full hours later that it was time to go dancing.

At the club, I was so drunk I could barely talk but I could still dance! I made quite a few friends at this point. I knew I had way too much to drink and was done drinking, but I couldn’t prevent men from buying me drinks. I am also a very nice person so I consumed the drinks that were given to me. Honestly the evening was a riot! I convinced a bunch of guys to take off their shirts for me too.

Finally the evening had come to a close and I was ready for a ride home. We had been walking up to this point, but I had a really hard time walking a straight line and hitched a ride home. Upon arriving at Ellen’s super cool house I discovered I no longer had my cell phone! Of course we had to walk back to the club and it wasn’t there and then we walked back to Ellen’s place(again). Ellen insisted I left my phone in the car on the ride home. I insisted that the owner of the car stole it. I recall showing him my phone, and letting him call his number with my phone. I don’t remember getting it back…

The next morning he called Ellen’s phone with my phone and offered to return it to us. This was all very sweet, perhaps Ellen had been correct and he didn’t steal my phone. Well my cell phone bill just arrived with a few extra charges from the night it disappeared. The “sweet guy” made international calls on my phone the night I “left” it in his car. I am back to my original idea the guy stole my phone and made ~ $25 worth of international calls with it, before returning it the next day!

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home