A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, July 31, 2006

Little Monster

I have been so busy at work that I don’t have time to blog. I know! It is truly amazing, how can anyone not have time to blog? I don’t even have time to read me favorite blogs. I love being busy at work. In fact the main reason I left my last position was that I was not busy enough. It is possible to be working on the cutting edge of science and still be bored.

Now I am so busy and I love it, but in the back of my mind is the little monster asking me why am I so busy? When I focus on the little monster I can’t help but think that perhaps my total involvement in work is my escape from reality. Whenever I have a free minute I start thinking about things I would rather not think about and I immediately ask my manager for more work, and I have to wonder why do I not want to think about them? Is it because I am afraid to change the bad things in my life? When it comes to my professional life I am super proactive, if something is not to my liking I change it immediately. Either by confronting the problem head on, and if that doesn’t work, changing me, which always works.

I can’t escape the feeling that I work so much so I don’t have to have a personal life. I don’t have time to deal with all the things in a personal life that I don’t have the courage to change. I think I am a workaholic and I don’t know if it is in the good way. I do love what I do, and I love the praise and recognition I receive at work and perhaps that is enough. Quiet little monster in the back of my brain!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home