A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, July 24, 2006

My First BAW

My very first BAW is interviewing with my company today, and I am so nervous! I know that he would be a great asset to our company that is why I recommended him. I am pretty sure that he won’t give a great interview either. He is modest and shy. He is also one of the cleverest people I know. He and I did our graduate work together (in different sub-fields), and we spent ever day together for 4 years. If I had a problem with my research I would also go to him for help and he never let me down.

It would take my BAW a fraction of the time to solve problems that would take other people days to do. However the only people who knew he was that good were people that worked as closely as I did with him. I think that my recommendation will carry a lot with the people around here. I am also concerned that he won’t take the job if they offer it to him. I know he has been interviewing around the world and is sure to get additional offers. He is supposed to call me when the interview is over and we are going to go to lunch together. I expect the call any moment.

I already love the people I work with, but my original BAW would make this work environment nearly perfect! All I would need is Ellen and Jean-Marc, and my other BAWs here and I would be in heaven!! I have already talked to Jean-Marc and my third BAW about working here, hey guys it is a great job, and the benefits are sweet!

8 Comments:

  • Miss you, too.

    By Blogger Ellen, at 11:29 PM  

  • I hope that all works out for you. I feel stupid for asking but what is a BAW?

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 8:10 AM  

  • http://donorbound.blogspot.com/2005/06/boyfriends-or-girlfriends-at-work.html

    Or Boyfriend at Work (BAW)

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:30 AM  

  • Have you heard anything yet Spinner? Is your former BAW taking the job?

    By Blogger Joy, at 10:50 AM  

  • Joy,
    We are going to make an offer, but I don't know if he is going to accept. He has another offer he is considering. Our offer is more money but the other job is more to his liking.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 4:13 PM  

  • Ah, thanks for explaining, it's so obvious now.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 6:06 PM  

  • Interesting!

    I know a particular group of friends who have been BAW or GAW or all kinds of things to each other that ended up working at the same company. They still work there and they ARE an amazing team. These kinds of things work really well - after all, who knows these people better?

    Good luck.

    By Blogger ZooooM, at 11:09 AM  

  • Zoom,
    Thanks! Hopefully it will work out!

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home