A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, November 03, 2006

Basking

I am not sure I am ever going to grow up, sure I am growing older but I am not maturing. The Kid has a huge crush on me and at times I try to down play it or even deny it, but I can’t help but bask in the adoration from time to time. It makes me feel good and every once in a while I need to feel good. I just wish that my emotions would not respond so easily to male adoration and so sluggishly to my internal efforts to make myself feel good.

5 Comments:

  • Pretty insightful stuff! I wouldn't be too hard on your perceived non-maturing. I honestly believe women are programmed to appreciate the oogling of the young the older we get. Lord knows I hit turbo sex drive in my 30s. And it wasn't a lax drive to begin with!

    By Blogger ZooooM, at 5:53 PM  

  • Zoom,
    I hear you on the turbo drive! I am right there with you and it seem to happen on my 30th B-day.

    Joy,
    My very young co-worker who is fond of showing me his abs and they are great ones too.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 6:24 PM  

  • We should never grow all the way up. You'll find your perfect balance.

    By Blogger Michelle, at 2:19 PM  

  • Abs??? Lovely. Just lovely.

    By Blogger Joy, at 10:24 PM  

  • Naive,
    I hope sooner than later too.

    Joy,
    I know, it is the highlight of my week.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home