A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, November 06, 2006

Going Through Hell

There is something about living in the country that makes country music sound great. It is crazy, but I find myself listening to country music a lot lately and I have a new theme song.

If you're going through hell
Keep on going, Don't slow down
If you're scared, don't show it
You might get out
Before the devil even knows you're there

I am going a little batty too. I joined a bowling league, and if you are wondering I don’t exactly fit in. I never wear sweats in public; in fact I don’t even own a pair of sweats. I also would never wear biker shorts unless I was on an actual bike (in a race). I also don’t currently or plan on or even when I was very young lived in a trailer or even an apartment. I can’t help myself the entire I bowl I hum the theme song to the “Odd Couple”. I try not to do it while I am waiting anxiously for my turn but every time I am actually bowling I am humming it.

This is how starved I am for things to do in the middle of nowhere! This summer I golfed and now I am bowling. Soon the snow will start falling and then I will actually have something I really love to do. I am going through hell right now but if I don’t slow down I might get out before the devil even knows I’m here.

4 Comments:

  • Why don't you take up knitting? You could form a group and call it "Stitch & Bitch". :D

    By Blogger Joy, at 11:28 PM  

  • I know what you mean about country music! I hated it, HATED it growing up but since moving back to Texas I have embraced it...because there's so much to do here that revolves around it. I even bought cowboy boots!
    They look really cute with my sweats.
    (HA)

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 9:28 AM  

  • Joy,
    In my mind knitting is worse than bowling! But thanks for thinking about me.

    Genius,
    I am thinking of taking horse back riding lesson, I will need boots for that.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 11:28 AM  

  • Like ungen I HATED country music. Swore I'd rot in hell before I ever listened to it.

    Well, now....it's the ONLY thing I listen to and lately "Going Through Hell" has been my theme song.
    It's also a great song to workout to! It's the first song on my ipod on my "treadmill mix" list. :)

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home