A circle has too much symmetry

Friday, November 17, 2006

Goodbye Sport's Fans

Good Bye Sport’s Fans! I am out of here until November 27th!! I am looking forward to the whole Italy experience. I am also looking forward to not spending Thanksgiving with my family. I am also looking forward to not making any life and death decisions for the next 10 days. Well at least no life or death decisions that affect someone besides myself.

In my new position, I am asked to make decisions that if I am wrong things could go very wrong for facilities and even people. It is a different kind of stress, one that has me second guessing myself which is a new feeling for me. I made one of these decisions on Wednesday and I was 99.9% sure that I had made the right one. I was 99.999% sure that nothing was going to go really south, but it did not stop my heart rate from being accelerated or sleep impossible until I was proven right. Yesterday and today I received many congratulations on a great job and great decision which is fine but I reminded my boss that I am really not getting paid enough to make decisions where if I make the wrong one someone dies. He agreed. So I am either going to stop making these calls or I am getting I raise. I will let you know.

6 Comments:

  • Have a wonderful time, Spinner! Take pictures to share with us?

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 6:35 PM  

  • Have the good times on your trip! And congrats for standing up for your self and your pay at your job.

    By Blogger ZooooM, at 4:31 PM  

  • I'm not going home for Christmas. And you know what? I am secretly thrilled at the thought of spending a nice quiet Christmas out here in the east coast. Shhhh!

    Have a wonderful time in Italy, Spinner! Would love to see pictures! :)

    By Blogger Joy, at 12:26 AM  

  • I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

    By Blogger Theresa, at 8:01 PM  

  • Genius, Joy and Theresa,
    I took pictures but it will probably be another 6 months before I develope them.

    Zoom,
    I am always assertive at work, now I need to figure out how to be assertive in my personal life too.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 10:06 AM  

  • missed ya, glad you're back!

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home