A circle has too much symmetry

Monday, November 13, 2006

It does not matter at the end of the day

At the end of the day it does not matter that you put your career off to help him start his, your story does not count in the final assessment. At the end of the day it does not matter that you gave your youth to this relationship. At the end of the day it does not matter how you got to this point. Every little story, every reason, every path you took does not factor into the final equation, and the simple fact is that half of everything is yours and half of everything is his.

It also does not matter who really has the money or the power or the capacity at the end of the day. Your life up to this point comes down to a bottom line divided in half and the other half is no longer yours. For a long time to come, half of your bottom line belongs to someone else. It does not matter that he does not love you enough, it does not matter that your youth is gone, it does matter that in reality his bottom line is greater than yours. At the end of the day, half of your bottom line is his and your story and your history does not matter.

5 Comments:

  • This is an interesting post. Care to elaborate some more Spinner?

    By Blogger Joy, at 10:58 PM  

  • It's scary to think this could be me if the bottomline fell out. I've seen it happen to a friend of mine and it was heart breaking.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 10:12 AM  

  • What Joy said. I would be interested in hearing more.

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 5:21 PM  

  • Joy and Izzybella,
    I say as much as I feel comfortable saying on my not so private blog.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 5:32 PM  

  • I'm new here. So I don't know what you're referring to but it doesn't sound good.
    So I'm sorry.

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home