A circle has too much symmetry

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Birthday Party

The birthday party went off without a hitch. My mother supplied sandwiches, a shrimp tray, chips, nuts, cookies, a red velvet cake, chocolate fondue, strawberries and cream puffs. I supplied alcohol, and there is a lot left over too. Everyone who was expected showed up. The party ended at 4 am, though I bowed out at 1 am. Brittany entertained my guests until 4 am, which is typical of gatherings out my house. I can’t stay up too late. I am Cinderella when it comes to midnight; I turn into a pumpkin after midnight. I really was a Cinderella on Saturday too; Brittany bought me a tiara and made me wear it.

The only really entertaining thing happened after I was asleep; a poker games started around 11 pm and when the game finally ended at 4 am the pot was $20 short and a near NBA type brawl ensued. Like my grandmother always said nothing good happens that late at night. I like playing poker but only while I am drinking and I was not drinking on Saturday. I was spending too much time playing hostess. I have a few groups of friends and they don’t know each other; work friends, running friends, golf friends and family friends, but the only group that did not mix well was my work friends. My work friends were isolated all night and the Kid did not say a word to anyone else and did not drink either.

I have started writing my thank you notes and only have two left to write. One more thing my mother taught me to always be polite to people who give you gifts.

5 Comments:

  • Mixing friends is always a tricky thing. I haven't tried it since I got married over 13 years ago.
    It sounds like you had a good time.
    What kind of birthday loot did you get?

    By Blogger Theresa, at 11:15 AM  

  • Sounds like a good time! Better than any birthday party I've ever had (I've never had one).

    Let me know if you need me to help you finish up that left-over alcohol. ;)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 1:08 PM  

  • Theresa,
    Satelite radio, white jade necklace, numerous gift cards, flowers, cheese, ornaments, a book, wine and a tiara.

    Chesney Girl,
    You need to help me or donate part of your liver to me.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 2:14 PM  

  • Sounds like you had a great party in spite of not feeling well.

    I could help you drink the leftovers too butI'm afraid my liver wouldn't do you much good.

    By Blogger i used to be me, at 4:49 PM  

  • Happy Birthday (late).

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home