A circle has too much symmetry

Thursday, February 28, 2008

I am not your nurse

The flu is raging through my workplace. I normally don’t pay attention to sickness which is probably why I have had walking pneumonia twice. However this flu was not to be ignored, it started with a mild sore throat and within hours it had knocked me out cold. I went home sick from work for the first time in my adult life. It is a week later and I am still not over it. I was so sick; I missed ballet class, hockey practice and skiing. It is the main reason I have not written in a while.

When I am sick I want to taken care of more than any other time in my life and I like to be taken care of all the time. I am also not a good caregiver when other people are sick. I think the Love of my Life destroyed any caregiver tendencies I had; he was such a baby when he was sick. Now the Kid is sick, the only person who attempted to give me any care during my sickness and I just can’t return the flavor. I am not a caregiver and I am so not the mother type. I hope he gets better fast and on his own so I don’t have to feel guilty.

2 Comments:

  • Ick. Keep in your part of the world please and thank you!

    Hope you're feeling 100% very very soon!

    *HUGS*

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 7:32 PM  

  • I am getting a little better each day.

    By Blogger Spin_Doc1, at 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home