A circle has too much symmetry

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Protective Mothers

My life lately has been incredibly eventful but I will start with the most traumatic experience. Sunday was the first nice day that my little corner of the world has experienced in 6 weeks. It was sunny, over freezing pleasant day and I decided to take Meadow on a walk. About 1.5 miles into the walk I heard some people yelling at their dog. I turned around to see a male pit bull bearing down on Meadow. I immediately flew into action; I reached down and put my entire upper body over Meadow.

The pit bull impacted my face but Meadow was entirely shielded from the attack. I picked Meadow up and shouted at the pit bull. The pit bull took off in the direction of the people yelling at him. At that moment I just wanted to get my baby away from that dog so we took off in the other direction. About 2 blocks from the scene I thought “Wow my face really hurts.” A couple blocks later it hurt more; I checked for blood but didn’t see anything. When we finally arrived at home I looked in the mirror and flipped out. My entire right side of my face was bloody with 3 distinct claw marks. The area of my face that really hurt on the walk was blood free but red and possibly from his teeth, though I am not sure.

The scratches had broken the skin but they weren’t really that deep. I was pretty freaked out because I was certain that it would look terrible and the scratches started at my sun glasses and extended all the way down my neck. I wanted sympathy and TLC fast so I sent the following text message to various people. “I was just attacked by a pit bull while protecting Meadow and my face is messed up!”

Now as you might imagine the response was immediate and alarmed, I should have included that I was okay in the message and only my vanity was hurt. Today only one scratch is visible with my makeup on; the bruising is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

2 Comments:

  • That's scary. Glad you're ok.

    By Blogger Rainwolf, at 1:45 PM  

  • Way scary. That could have been so much worse. I hate to be all with the pit bull prejudice, but seriously, they need to breed the agression out of those suckers. Glad you and Meadow are okay.

    By Blogger Izzybella, at 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home