A circle has too much symmetry

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Sport's Injuries

It was bound to happen; really only a matter of time before my complete inability to skate coupled with my unique talent to hurt myself caught up with me. Finally on the night that I started to see some improvement in my skating, I can do right side cross over and I am handling the puck inside of just trying to hit it; it happened. I was battling for the puck in front of the net and I really don’t know if I was hit, if I lost what little balance I have on the ice or what but the end result was me falling right on my head.

Not a little fall, an enormous smack, a cut tree landing with a thud right on the back of my head. I saw stars. I stood up and thought wow my head really hurts and I was a little dazed. I skated for a 15 minutes more and decided it was time to leave the ice. In the locker room my head continued to get worse and my neck decided it did not want to be left out and started to hurt too. By the time I reached home my back decided it wanted to join the party. Finally my consciousness went south too and I can now claim 2 concussions to winter sports injuries.

2 Comments:

  • Watch that shit, our heads are more fragile than when we were kids.
    Hope you're feeling all better soon.

    By Blogger Rainwolf, at 11:19 PM  

  • OUCH!!! Take it easy!

    Hope you're recovering okay! :)

    By Blogger chesneygirl, at 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home